Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Raspberries Drizzled with Chocolate

Most days, a piece of fruit does the trick for the role of dessert after dinner.  If I have been eating well, I am without sugar craving and am more satisfied this way.  When the holiday's hit, I usually like something stronger for dessert.  Sugar is an addictive substance.  If you, or your children don't like fruit in general, there is too much sugar in your diet.  Fruit should taste sweet, which is a highly desirable attribute in food.  When one over indulges with the potent sugars that are in processed foods, the taste buds become less sensitive to the delicate sweetness of whole foods.

This dessert is somewhat of a transition, it bridges the gap between too much and feeling deprived.  When a bowl of raspberries doesn't sound so great to your sweet tooth, raspberries drizzled with chocolate surely does...without going over the top.  Guilt free.

I like Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% dark Belgian Chocolate.  You can play around with the amounts depending on where your sweet tooth lies.  This will make a drizzle that sets up as a brittle drizzle, the same texture and hardness of the original chocolate bar.  If you like yours to be more pliable like a ganache, add 1 tablespoon of cream to the melted chocolate.

1.5 ounces dark chocolate
12 ounces organic raspberries

Slowly melt chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently.  Carefully wash raspberries in a bowl of water and dry with paper towels.  Place raspberries on silpat or parchment and drizzle with melted chocolate.  Place in refrigerator 15 minutes, but no longer than 6 hours.  We get 4-5 serving from this, but use your own judgement.

links; Tuesday Twister, Tempt My Tummy, Tasty Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop,  Whole Food for the Holiday's

4 comments:

  1. Those look really good and sound like a great way to enjoy chocolate without over doing it.

    BTW, I found you from Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. You might want to check your link over there because it showed on my end that the link was invalid. I was able to visit by coming directly to your blog. My internet is wonky today, so it could be just me, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great healthy treat, full of anti-oxidants. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it's funny that chocolate covered strawberries seem like such a natural, but I've never considered drizzling choc over raspberries. They sure look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like butterpowered bike I have often had chocolate covered strawberries but never raspberries and I love raspberries more - these would be a lovely dessert at a party! thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete

It's rude to eat and run. Humor me with conversation please!

Related Posts with Thumbnails